Monday, October 21, 2013

Lord Umari Kairugawa

Just couldn't resist painting another North Star samurai although I'm in the midst of my Skaven project.
I wanted this model to look darker compared to the one I painted earlier and I'm not quite happy with the final outcome.
I wanted black to be the prominent color but I think the dark red cloth ....for want of a better word, disrupts the overall effect I was looking for.

But it is another figure done so at least it's something. I still haven't decided on a crest for the back banners and that's the reason it's still not there.
My 2 samurais protecting a village from some rowdy bandits in a recent game :). Suffice to say, heads rolled.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks bro. Appreciate it :). Thsoe bamboo trees were done by Jason. Looks nice huh.

      Delete
  2. Looking good. It's got me motivated to stop procrastinating with side-projects and finish up my Bushi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude :). Please observe the 3 gold dots on the scabbard indicating that he's a level 3 samurai. Got that idea from someone we both know :)

      Delete
  3. It's still look awesome bro, suay mak! I'm intrigued bout this game..might catch up with u one day to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Khun Faizal lorr mak mak, korp khun na krap. Mai mii phan haa, dai krap. Ronin sanook shiphai 555

      Delete