Thursday, September 13, 2012

Operation Case Yellow : First game with the Luftlandesturm

Played my first game using the German paras last Friday. It was against my younger brother who played a French Compagnie de Chasseurs Porters....whatever that means haha.

I'm not going to do a battle report but just want to share my experience of the game I had. I lost the game in the end but it was a very close fight. It could've gone either way but in the end it didn't go my way. We played the Death from Above mission.


Lessons learnt.
1. Deploying your gliders and 3 parachute platoons is gonna be fun but time consuming. I had 10 gliders and platoons dropping by parachute. First you have to place your gliders and weapons containers. Then roll for the distance each gliders and containers. Lastly place the infantry teams. All that will take some time. But fun!

2. The French Chasseurs are MG teams. That means pinned down they still shoot at ROF 2. A full platoon has 7 teams. Pinned down, they still have 14 shots for defensive fire. I couldn't assault his infantry platoons the entire game. Too much fire going back at me

3. Against tanks, we're quite helpless. I only had my Pak36 which is only AT6. Against CharBs, they were practically useless....and my brother had 6 of them..ouch. I tried to assault them with my pioneers but would you believe that I failed 2 consecutive tank assault rolls.

4. After the initial rounds, you're gonna be defending like mad. Even dug in paras are gonna find it tough to last 6 rounds trying to defend objectives without effective long range AT elements.

Overall I had so much fun playing the Luftlandesturm Company. It's an aggresive list and you have to play it such.

This Friday I play against a French tank company. Let's hope I can manage to assault some pinned down tanks this time around.



3 comments:

  1. Gald you enjoyed the army, but you will struggle with CharB's unless your pioneers get lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That game was a nail biter to watch! Awesome stuff dude

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did really enjoy landing all those gliders and platoons. Everyone was either rooting for me or hoping that the gliders would crash.

    In the end, only 3/10 gliders crashed. Two from crashing into something and one from me rolling a 1

    ReplyDelete