Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Lizardmen Cometh !!!

Ok ok not the clearest of pics i know. Well they say that a picture is worth a thousand words. And since my picture isn't too clear i'll give you a thousand words. So get ready for a long post....

The Lizardmen will be my first fantasy army. Just like the eldar they just called out to me. . It wasn't even a difficult choice for me. I saw their model range, did some reading and like most of you who finally made up their mind on a particular army choice, started buying like crazy :)

As you can see from the pic, i've still got a long way to go before they're ready to walk the battlefields of the old world. I'm almost done with the skinks and have started to assemble some saurus warriors. I have 40 sauruses in total which will be led an oldblood. After that, the slann, temple guards, stegadon, cold ones. That's it. Unless i give in to my desires and buy another stegadon, some salamanders and kroq-gar over the weekend ;).

The new fantasy rulebook is there in the pic esp for all my brothers back home and also 1 in bkk who haven't got theirs yet......You haven't got it yet!!!! Man, it is awesomely awesome!!! Don't even get me started on the price of books here in the Land of Smiles. Yes, i want you guys to be envious of said awesome tomb currently in my possession but wouldn't be nice to make you drool by revealing the price. Please support your LGS :).

Is that a thousand words yet?? Nope...ok

The lizardmen will be only my 3rd army of miniatures that i've collected in my short time in the war-gaming hobby. My first was the Protectorate of menoth. Had a decent collection until i gave up on the game. 2nd would be my proud saim-hann which i've put into semi-retirement. Playing the same army time and time again does this to you. Boredom. Maybe i should start a new 40K army....nah!!! Lizardmen first.

I've noticed a trend in my army choices which i didn't realise at first. All of them are heavy magic users. POM have really good magic casters, eldars with their psychic powers and now the lizardmen. Although i haven't played them or even seen anyone play them, most tell me they're the ultimate magic users in fantasy. Let's hope this is right. Because i can't wait to start dooming, guiding, fortuning and rune of warding my opponents!! Huh....wrong system?
Better start reading the rulebook then. I'm only up to page 17 of 512. Did i tell u that its awesomely thick? No. Well guys, its awesomely thick!!!

My sincerest thanks to brother Iqbal for getting me the metal musician and standard bearer. Thanks bro :)

Also sincerest thanks to brother Jeff for lending me the lizardmen armybook way back then and the many discussions we had which help me to cement my decision to collect them :)

Cheers guys. Not a thousand words yet??? I'll decide to flee then. 3 dice for leadership and pick the lowest 2. Now doesn't that sound like the abilities of some space faring elves....

Thanks guys. Korp khun mak krap.

7 comments:

  1. No close up pics of the paint jobs? WTF??!! I wanna see a close up Skink!

    Nice one, dude. Keep up the blogging and the Warhammer love- you rock

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried last nite but to no avail. Will post some when they're all done and i get a proper camera. Nice models those skinks. Just 16 bases left to paint and they're done. Then on to the sauruses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzies??? Oh well, what can you expect from someone who plays panzies, right? ;) haha

    Anyways, good army choice. their cold blooded rules will ensure they stay put most of the time instead of breaking and fleeing.

    of course, their magic is even greater than the high elves (supposedly). with the new rules for magic, i can't say for sure how things will work out.

    oh, go and get another stegadon, they're fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha..finally, an official declaration :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Iz- another stegadon it is then. Another EOTG?
    Slann and 2 stegs. How many power dice is that?

    @Iqbal- how many points of elves have you got done so far bro?

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations! now the heat is on for me to get my O&G done ... need to stock up on Golden Oak!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After a game of Wood Elves in 8th edition, decides to shelf them again until a new codex comes out as they practically have no defense in any form..

    Planning a new army..

    ReplyDelete